Aluminum Double Bass, designed by John Burdick for the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA), circa 1930. An incredibly sculptural and emblematic icon of the Machine Age. The all aluminum body of this bass pushed the experimental use of the material. First produced in 1928, these aluminum basses were used by Dr. Joseph Maddy of the Interlochen School of Music, who was drawn to them for their durability and surprisingly good sound..
- Size & Cut
- Dimensions : Height: 214 cm (84 Inches). Length: 70 cm (27 Inches). Depth: 42 cm (16 Inches).
- Composition & Maintenance
- Composition : Aluminium - 100 %